Renewable Energy Services
MahoneySabol’s Renewable Energy Practice, led by John Bauer, is a team of seasoned professionals with proven industry expertise. Our team will guide you through the financial and tax aspects of your projects from formation and financing through development, construction, and operations.
- Review of project models for GAAP (Accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America) and tax law compliance and presentation.
- Review of key finance document provisions as they relate to financial and tax reporting matters.
- Look to structure loan compliance and maintenance in an efficient and effective manner based on the capabilities (or limitations) of the Company’s accounting system and personnel.
- Development of monthly loan compliance documents used to monitor covenant and major loan provision compliance.
- Development and maintenance of periodic draw package and related support (construction draws as well as operating period draws) in compliance with loan provisions.
- Liaison with key bank and independent engineer personnel.
- Development of accurate cost to complete models.
Development and maintenance of periodic reporting packages in connection with operating assets, including review of loan documents to determine information required, liaison with all necessary company departments (accounting, asset management, operations).
- Development and maintenance of project operating budgets.
- Correspondence and presentation to banks, independent engineers and project owners.
- Development and maintenance of revenue and expense reporting.
- Accounting and reporting system implementation.
- Establish and document key accounting, finance, information technology and operational controls.
Audit, Tax and Specialized Accounting Services:
MahoneySabol is a full-service public accounting firm and an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA. Our firm is registered with the PCAOB (Public Company Accounting Oversight Board) and thus qualified to perform audits of public entities.
Extensive experience with securities registration statements as well as periodic reporting under the rules of the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission).
- Review and documentation of hedge transactions (energy and interest rate swap agreements).
- Accounting department outsourcing.
- Liaison with national accounting firms.
- Section 1603 preparation, filing, and periodic maintenance.
- HLBV modeling.
- Investment Tax Credit (ITC) and Production Tax Credit (PTC) expertise.
- Cost segregation and valuation services.
- Extensive knowledge of specialized industry transactions (flip structures, tax equity financing, REC’s, project capitalization, hedge valuations, and asset retirement obligations).
John. H. Bauer, Partner
Renewable Energy Practice
Jay J. Rasmus, Partner
Renewable Energy Practice