James Mahoney is the managing partner and a co-founder of Mahoney Sabol & Company, LLP. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA), he serves as the firm’s Chief Executive Officer and is focused on steady organic and strategic expansion of the firm’s services to meet the growing needs of our clients. Mr. Mahoney also holds Series 7 and 66 Securities Licenses, through Commonwealth Financial Network, Member FINRA/SIPC, as well as Life Insurance Licenses from Connecticut and Florida.
Mr. Mahoney spent the early years of his accounting career at Deloitte & Touche as a senior tax manager, where he headed up their Construction Industry Group. In 1990, he co-founded Mahoney Sabol & Company, LLP.
As the firm’s Managing Partner, Mr. Mahoney oversees all operations of the firm. He directs the firm’s tax operations and has special expertise in closely held businesses within a wide range of industries. His practice areas also encompass Wealth Management and Personal Financial Planning, Mergers and Acquisitions, and International Tax Planning.*
Professional & Civic Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Glastonbury Chamber of Commerce
- MetroHartford Alliance
- Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce
- Hospital for Special Care; Chairman, Board of Directors
- Center for Special Care, Inc., Vice Chairman
- University of Connecticut Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- University of Hartford Master’s Degree in Taxation
* Mahoney Sabol and Company, LLC is not affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network(CFN). Securities offered through Commonwealth Financial Network, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC Financial Planning provided by Investmark Advisory Services, Inc. in Connecticut. The CFN registered representatives associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact business with residents of Connecticut.